Hello there, nice to have your aquaintance. Now to live with you for the next two and a half years... :P

Well what to say? Things have finally started to happen (:
So have an uber fun checklist of what's happened so far.

1. Six molars (including wisdoms) removed under GA
2. Molar bands fixed on lower arch
3. Two more big teeth taken out in the dentists to make more room (eight teeth so far!)
4. Upper molar bands fitted, 2 brackets and a wierd wire covered in plastic to move teeth (I can't have blocks on the front otherwise I'll break them with my bite) D:
5. Lower brace completley fitted, upper wierder brace tightened.

These things seems to have happened in a pretty random order, I never know what to expect when I visit the orthodontist :P I thought I was gonna get my bite disengaged, but that hasn't happened. I am quite relieved by this fact :D

All I can say now is that I have never been so angry at cereal in my life. Yes my bran flakes were mocking me this morning. Time wise it took me half an hour to eat them, and a whole 5 mintues to eat a malted milk.

Paracetamol is also a god send. I honestly wanted to rip my face off yesterday, I think I underestimated the pain of first getting used to fixed braces XD

Now a picture to demonstrate the wierdness that is my top brace (completley fixed) and my more conventional, newer lower brace.

I look odd but meh (:


On a different, unrelated note, I can't believe how fast time has gone! Now coming to the end of my first term of my second year of uni, which I have really really enjoyed. I have a house instead of halls, I've chosen the modules I want to study and enjoy, doing really well with violin (which is a good thing to hear from Carmel I guess) and generally getting on well with life.

And then Christmas I guess? Gives me a while to break in my braces before the ultimate test that is Christmas dinner :P:P

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogging my journey through Orthognathic Surgery. Please come along for the adventure! :D :D

Followers


Recent Comments